My locavore project

In a desire to eat locally grown food and use local products, I am using this blog to help spread awareness of what products we an get locally.
I am updating a local shopping list of where to get all of the local products that we use.
I am also sharing recipes made with local ingredients.

Click on 'Local Shopping List' under 'Labels' to see a local shopping list of products and sellers.

Click on 'recipes' (or categories, 'breakfast', 'lunch', 'dinner', 'appetizer', 'dessert', 'main dish', 'side dish') under 'Labels' to see an array of different recipes using local ingredients!

My goal is for my family to live simply, locally, & abundantly.
There will still be some products that we cannot get locally (sugar, oil, TP, rice, etc.),
but I hope to cut down on items needed at chain stores.
We are trying to buy most of those products in bulk to cut down on waste, costs, and clean up our carbon footprint.

I want my family to support local businesses and eat healthier!
I feel that if we know where our food and products are coming from, we will grow to respect every item more.

It is important to me that my family not be exposed to GMO's, hormones, a large amount of pesticides, chemicals, etc.

By buying local, you support your local economy, businesses, jobs, and families.

Please feel free to share on this blog! Let me know what goods you are finding locally & what recipes you are creating.

Thank you to the many people who make eating locally possible!
Thanks for your vision, hard work,
and love for food! We support you!

Blessings! Jessi

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Fresh Pasta Salad

Ingredients:
3 cups whole wheat pasta
fresh veggies
1/4 cup of sunflower seeds
1/2 cup olive oil
1 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp dill

Order whole wheat pasta in bulk, and you will always be able to toss 
local, fresh, chopped vegetables into a pasta salad!

I stopped at Fritchey's farmers market the other day and made a pasta salad for the weekend.

I love using a variety of tomatoes, onions, cucumbers,
carrots, zucchini, squash, and broccoli. 
Top your pasta salad with some herbs from your herb garden.
I used fresh cilantro!

For the dressing I used olive oil, salt, pepper, oregano, & dill,
but you can use whatever you want!

Don't forget to throw in sunflower seeds or any type of nut to add crunch and texture!

Let your pasta salad sit in the fridge covered for a couple hours to soak up
the flavor of the dressing.

Add cheese, meat, or fish if you would like.
Sometimes it is nice to serve a purely vegan dish!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment